July 14th @ DoubleTree by Hilton, Lancaster, PA
Meeting formally begins at 07:30am.
Members networked until 07:45am. They were encouraged to review the General Meeting Agenda.
Jona opened the meeting at 07:45am
- New Introduction: Jona announced that Chyanne Hart is the new Secretary for the SLCCC. The board has spent time reviewing possible candidates & elected Chyanne on July 6th, 2022, post board meeting.
- National Night Out – August 2nd at 18:00:
- Lampeter, New Providence & Quarryville
- New Member Breakfast – August 11th at 07:30: C.R. Lapp’s in Quarryville, PA.
- Barnstormers’ Southern Lancaster Night – August 13th at 17:30:
- Small Business Night at The Barnstormers – August 25th at 18:30:
- Businesses are encouraged to sign up for a table and/or sponsorships.
General Introductions: Every member introduced their name, their organization and any direct announcements/comments regarding their organization.
Keystone Wildfire Crew
- Based in Manor Township – affiliated with Blue Rock Fire Company
- Started off based out of a barn in Pequea, PA.
- Department of Conservation & Natural Resources oversees all
- Only 15 members are qualified to be able to go out on scene for the wildfires.
- 2 brush trucks – including a retired airport military vehicle.
- Smokey the Bear is their mascot.
- Community events are important – urban interface is important.
- Pinnacle fire prior to Christmas, required people to be there for five (5) days. 12 acres were affected.
- Chicken BBQ is April 15th, 2023 in Columbia, PA.
- 9 fire calls, to date, in 2022.
- 67 acres burned across DCNR & 20 of the acres were in Lancaster County.
End of presentation.
- Members are split into small groups, amongst five (5) round tables.
- Discussing individual organizations, what they do and goals for their businesses.
- Reviewed personal goals & passions
- What brought them to the Chamber and why?
- Round table discussions consisted of 4-5 people at each table.
- Jona Green closed the meeting at 09:05.